An ongoing battle against spam continues, there’s a variety of ways online attackers may attempt to gain your personal or financial information, or exploit you for financial gain.
This month scam has targeted Australia Post again, people have been receiving emails supposedly from AusPost asking for personal information please be aware that Australia Post will never:
- Ask you to click on an email link to print off a label to redeem your package
- Email or call you to ask for personal or financial information including password, credit card details or account information
- Send you an email asking you to click on an attachment
- Email you to reconfirm your physical mailing address by clicking on a link
- Call or email you out of the blue to request payment
If you receive any suspicious emails, please:
- Delete them immediately
- Do not click on any links or attachments
- Report to SCAMwatch(External link) or Stay Smart Online(External link)
Below is an example of such email.